Feminist Apparel is an independent, feminist clothing company based in Philadelphia, PA. As a company, we believe in spreading feminism through inclusivity, positivity, and open dialogue. That's why we put the feminist artwork of 45+ individual artists (who receive a share of our profits on a monthly basis) on a variety of clothing products, spanning in sizing from baby onesies to 5XL t-shirts.
Pick up a shirt, talk to your friends about it, and know that you’re doing an invaluable service by calling out discriminatory attitudes in your community, and creating a growing mainstream movement towards a more inclusive, representative, and just world.
1) I'm looking to exchange/return one of my shirts. What should I do? Returns are super easy & FREE! If there's any problem at all with your order, just ship it on back to us to Feminist Apparel, 1720 N. 5th Street, 404, Philadelphia, PA 19122 and make sure to include a note of whether you're looking to have a change made or would just prefer a refund.
2) What are your shipping rates and do you ship internationally? We ship using USPS and offer free shipping on all domestic U.S. orders over $25. We charge a flat rate shipping fee of $15 on international orders of $50 or less (for Canada is $10), then $20 on international orders above $50 (for Canada is $15) and we ship all orders via USPS First-Class International. International customers (esp. those of you in the UK)... PLEASE BE AWARE that you may be charged customs fees when collecting your order. We're currently looking into this and will update this section when we know more!
3) How can I pay for my order? American Express, Discover, Google Checkout, Mastercard, PayPal, Visa.
4) How long will it take to receive my order? Please allow 1-2 weeks for shipping, and an additional 2-5 business days for delivery, if the order is shipped to the U.S.A. For international orders, please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery. Please note that during the holiday season or following sales, this time may increase.
5) Do you take wholesale orders? Yes. Especially if you're an on-campus organization, we want to work with you! E-mail email@example.com.
6) I'm not sure what size I should pick...? Here, check out the sizing chart for our shirts. Seeing as how we're all about body positivity and making sure that our customers feel comfortable in their clothes, our shirts range from XS to 5XL. In the circumstance that you receive your order and find out that you need a different size, we ask that you send it back to us along with a note stating the updated size you’re looking for. Once we receive the shirt with your note, we’ll ship out your new one for you! Also, note: women’s sizes only go up to 3XL so check the Unisex if you’d like up to 5XL.
7) I received my shirt and the design is not to exact scale as seen on the site--why? The product images on our site are not exact images of each specific product, but rather mockups of the design on the garment it will be printed on. We think they're pretty close though :)
1) What is feminism? It's a movement that realizes the injustices and oppression that marginalized people face in their everyday lives and works to combat those issues. There are a lot of misconceptions about feminism, but our feminist ideology is simple, feminism is for human rights, respect, and inclusivity.
2) Where can I learn more about feminist issues, causes, and organizations? Glad you asked. Head on over to our 'Resources' tab.
3) What is Feminist Apparel? Feminist Apparel is an online storefront that offers exclusively products with feminist messaging and imagery. We don’t claim to be re-branding feminism or offering academic insight into the movement, we are an independent company that seeks to be the Feminism 101 shop for you and anyone that sees you wearing one of our shirts. We want our products to start conversations about feminism out in the real world and make people feel happy when they are wearing their feminist ideals right on their chest.
4) What brand are the t-shirts printed on? As of right now, all of our designs are being printed on GILDAN brand clothing. We chose them for the quality and sizing options of their products. They are Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production (WRAP) certified, adhere to the codes of the Fair Labor Association (FLA), and they ask the same of external suppliers when used. Here is their Code of Ethics. We’re working on also offering unionized clothing options as soon as possible.
5) Where do your designs come from? Our designs are either originally produced in-house or submitted by awesome Feminist Creatives (like YOU). All of the designs on our website follow a set of guidelines to ensure originality, inclusivity, and positivity.
6) Where does the money go? We view profits as a tool for further outreach, education, and activism. Every sale on our site allows us to continue to grow as an organization, employ more people in our community, and run or help sponsor feminist programming right here in Philadelphia. In addition to that, most of the designs on our site have been submitted into us by independent, feminist artists (see #5 above) who retain full rights to their work and are paid a percentage of the profits on a recurrent, monthly basis based on the sales that their respective designs account for.
If you have any questions that we haven't addressed here, please shoot us an email over at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for stopping by and supporting an independent, feminist organization and the fight to debunk the misconceptions surrounding feminism!
Yearly Holiday Shopping Order Deadlines --
December 6: US orders
December 1: Canadian orders
November 25: Africa & Central/South America orders
November 25: Remaining International and Military Bases orders
If you place your order before these deadline dates, your orders will arrive on or before December 24th.